<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://yellowsuitcasestudios.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Yellow Suitcase Studio: Turtleneck Refashion

Friday, September 28, 2012

Turtleneck Refashion

Here's a quick makeover for you! I've been on the lookout for a striped shirt and well, I wasn't really finding what I wanted. So instead of looking for the shirt I wanted, I looked for a shirt that I could make into what I wanted. I bought a turtleneck (cringe!) at a thrift store that was a good weight fabric and I liked the stripes!
 I started by taking in the sleeves and the sides. I used another shirt to use as a template. Pin the excess and then sew! Try it on and make any adjustments then trim away the excess.


Then cut the neckline and again you can use another shirt as a template. So long turtleneck!! The front neckline is slightly lower than the back.


I used bias tape to finish the neckline following a tutorial from Coletterie. I absolutely love the pop of color on the inside and the structure that it gave to the neckline. 


That's it! A quick and easy afternoon project! I'm looking forward to layering this top with some cute fall and winter outfits.


I'd love to answer any questions! Do you refashion clothing if you can't quite find what you're looking for?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home